Full-time post-doctoral assistant
- Last application date
- Jun 30, 2016 23:59
- PP02 - Department of Experimental psychology
- Occupancy rate
- Vacancy Type
- Academic assisting staff
In the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, we are looking for a full-time post-doctoral assistant within the department of Experimental Psychology.
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 7,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programs that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
What we are looking for
- You have a doctoral degree in Psychology or in a related discipline. The degree requirements must be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You have already conducted research within the field of cognitive neuroscience. Experience with a neuroscientific research technique (like EEG, TMS, fMRI, etc. ) is an advantage;
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate;
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programs;
- You published relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated;
- Active knowledge of Dutch is an advantage but not a requirement.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in collaboration with members of the Memory, Attention and Cognitive Control group (Nico Boehler, Marcel Brass, Wim Fias, Ruth Krebs, Wim Notebaert, Durk Talsma, Tom Verguts);
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level;
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation;
- You will counsel doctoral students.
What we can offer you
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which will not be renewed.
Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start by 1/10/2016 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about this can be found on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our benefits can be found on our website.
All applications must be received no later than 30/06/2016 at 23:59 (CET) at email@example.com, with the following documents attached as one file:
- application letter
- a transcript of the required degree
- an overview of your relevant scientific publications
Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2016/02/1. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received your application.
Attention: Late applications are not accepted.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.